Its almost August. Right now, I'm hoping the rain will finally stop for a decent amount of time and we can actually have a summer but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. Oh well. Anyhow, I picked up the latest issue of Cometbus and with it the Pinhead Gunpowder best of. So this month I'm playing a set of Aaron Cometbus related tunes to soundtrack those cancelled camping trips and rained off hikes. Boo. - Phil Chokeword
1. The Ergs – Only Babies Cry (From the “Hindsight Is 20-20 My Friend” CD on Dirtnap Records)
2. Criminal Damage – The Heat (From the “No Solution” CD on Feral Ward Records)
3. Have Heart – The Unbreakable (From "The Things We Carry" CD on Bridge 9 Records)
4. Undertow – Control (From the “Everything” CD on Indecision Records)
5. No Substance – Trying (From the “Last Seven Songs” CD-R on At The Library Records)
6. Pinhead Gunpowder – Kathleen (From the “Kick Over The Traces” CD on Recess Records)
7. Astrid Oto – Bringing New meaning To DIY (From the “Discography” CD on No Idea Records)
8. The Blank Fight – The Hutterites In North America (From the “House Band Feud” CD on Plan It X Records)
9. Colbom – A Hymn For Cowards Libertines & Scoundrels (From the “Famous Last Words EP” 7" on No Idea Records)
10. Spoonboy – California (From the "I Love You This Is A Robbery" CD-R on Plan It X)
1. This was put together on my family's PC using Audacity and a USB record player, some over played CDs and 7"s and a cheap Internet microphone. Plus this MP3 is a lower bit rate than most in order to keep it at a manageable size. So if there’s a song on here that you dig and want to buy the record it came off, don't be put off if it sounds kinda rough or scuzzy. I can guarantee it'll sound better in the original format. I hope that makes sense!
2. I either asked the bands (No Substance, Have Heart) or the record label who put out the record I was playing (No Idea, Dirtnap, Feral Ward, Plan It X, Indecision, Recess) if it was OK to podcast their songs and they were cool with it. I think one of the great things about the Internet is that its really easy to get in contact with people whose music you dig and I'd like to take time to thank them for allowing me to play their songs. Cheers!
3. It goes without saying that if you like this podcast, let your friends know about it! Please? Thank you. And get in touch too if you dig it/hate it/have any tips. tensongspodcast [at] googlemail [dot] com or leave a comment.
How To Listen To The Show:
the podcast to Libsyn as part of updating the blog.
CLICK HERE to subscribe using i-Tunes
RIGHT CLICK HERE and select "save
target as" to download the show as an MP3.