- Phil Chokeword
1.RVIVR – Seethin’ (From the “Dirty Water” EP on Rumbletowne Records)
2. Samiam – Regret (From the “Orphan Works” CD on No Idea Records)
3. Bloody Hammer – Smash Them All (From the self released “Pogo Rock” demo – Bloody Hammer blog)
4. One Reason – Dead End Roads (From the ”All Rivers Run South” CD on Plan It X Records)
5. White Wires – Please Write (From the split 7” with Mean Jeans on Dirtnap Records)
6. Bastad! Rats! – Miners Strike (From the “Underneath Are The Everlasting Arms” split CD with We Grow Beards – download from Kill Your Own)
7. Vivian Girls –Damaged (From the “S/T” CD on In The Red)
8. Bangers – Huddle In (From the “A Time, A Place” Ten Songs Podcast live session compilation – free download here)
9. Infinite Void – What’s Left (From the self released demo – Infinite Void myspace)
10. RVIVR – Cut The Cord (From the self titled album on Rumbletowne Records)
1. This was put together on my family's PC using Audacity and a USB record player, some over played CDs and 7"s and a cheap Internet microphone. Plus this MP3 is a lower bit rate than most in order to keep it at a manageable size. So if there’s a song on here that you dig and want to buy the record it came off, don't be put off if it sounds kinda rough or scuzzy. I can guarantee it'll sound better in the original format.
2. I asked the labels (Rumbletowne, No Idea, Plan It X, In The Red, Dirtnap), the bands (Infinite Void, Bloody Hammer) or the bloggers (Kill Your Own) if it was OK to podcast their songs and they were cool with it. I think one of the great things about the internet is that it’s really easy to get in contact with people whose music you dig and I'd like to take time to thank them for allowing me to play their songs. Cheers!
3. It goes without saying that if you like this podcast, let your friends know about it! Please? Thank you. And get in touch too if you dig it/hate it/have any tips. tensongspodcast [at] googlemail [dot] com or leave a comment. And if you think you might want to have a go at making your own podcast, here’s a step by step guide to How I Made This Show.
How To Listen To The Show:
I've uploaded the podcast to bliptv. I'm a little confused by RSS feeds and all that bumph, but I think that they sort all this for me. This means that it should be pretty easy to subscribe to the podcast. As I understand it, you need to cut and paste this url into your podcast catcher - http://tensongspodcast.blip.tv/rss - or if you use itunes, hopefully you'll be able to do the same thing if you CLICK HERE.
Uploading to blip.tv also means that you can use the player below to stream the podcast and listen to it without downloading it. Plus if you RIGHT CLICK HERE and select "save target as" you should have the option of downloading the podcast and listening to it on the sly at work or something. Get in. (If you left click, it streams the audio too, but it jumps to another page and takes forever.)