As well as that, there’s the usual punk/hardcore/garage tracks from me.
I’m going to Oz in November for up to a year. That means unfortunately, this will be one of the last podcasts I’ll be doing for a while. I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep this going on the other side of the world. We’ll see. In the final show in November, I’m hoping to do a request set – Ten Songs Podcast has always been about helping to build community and I’d like to get as many people involved in this as possible before I lay it to rest for a bit. Email me at tensongspodcast [at] googlemail [dot] com if you’ve got a track you want to share and we’ll talk business.
- Phil Chokeword
1. Thee Oh Sees – Castiatic Tackle (From the “Warm Slime” CD on In The Red Records)
2. Crimpshrine –Summertime (From the “Duct Tape Soup” CD on Lookout Records – Crimpshrine myspace)
3. Nightbirds – Prognosis: Negative (From the “S/T” 7” on Grave Mistake Records and Dirtnap Records)
4. Automatic – Crossing Kill Creek (From the ”Crossing Kill Creek” CD on Indecision Records)
5. Discount – Clap and Cough (From the “Half Fiction” CD on Kat Records – Discount myspace)
6. Exploding Hearts – Rumours In Town (From the “Guitar Romantic” CD on Dirtnap Records)
7. Chillerton – True Dudes (From the “Hollow Lane”7” on Kiss of Death Records)
8. Bastad! Rats! – All We Need (From the “Rough Nuts & Soft Nuts” CD, downloaded from the Kill Your Own website)
9. The Shaking Hands – You Should Really Get That Looked At (From the “S/T” CD on ADD Records and Kiss of Death Records)
Guest set – Toby from A Load Of Stuff That Happened blog
10. Never Again - Same Old Story (live at the Albert Brighton) – band myspace
11. The Magnificent - Six Beers (live at the Windmill Brixton) – band website
12. Apologies I Have None - Sat in Vicky Park (live at the Cowley Club Brighton) - band myspace
13. Caves - Torn it Down (live at the Hope Brighton) - band myspace
14. Monikers – Too Much (From the split 7” with The Delay on Kiss of Death Records)
1. This was put together on my family's PC using Audacity and a USB record player, some over played CDs and 7"s and a cheap Internet microphone. Plus this MP3 is a lower bit rate than most in order to keep it at a manageable size. So if there’s a song on here that you dig and want to buy the record it came off, don't be put off if it sounds kinda rough or scuzzy. I can guarantee it'll sound better in the original format.
2. I asked the labels (In The Red, Grave Mistake, Dirtnap, Indecision), the bloggers (A Load of Stuff That Happened, Kill Your Own) or Southern Lovin’ (Kiss of Death) if it was OK to podcast their songs and they were cool with it. I think one of the great things about the internet is that it’s really easy to get in contact with people whose music you dig and I'd like to take time to thank them for allowing me to play their songs. Cheers! Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a way to contact Discount or Crimpshrine, and both Kat and Lookout seem to be defunct, though the Lookout records website seemed to be showing a few signs of life. Since they’re amazing bands and great songs, I thought I’d share them anyhow but if anyone involved in either of these bands/labels is unhappy about this, please drop me an email and we’ll sort something out.
3. It goes without saying that if you like this podcast, let your friends know about it! Please? Thank you. And get in touch too if you dig it/hate it/have any tips. tensongspodcast [at] googlemail [dot] com or leave a comment. And if you think you might want to have a go at making your own podcast, here’s a step by step guide to How I Made This Show.
How To Listen To The Show:
I've uploaded the podcast to bliptv. I'm a little confused by RSS feeds and all that bumph, but I think that they sort all this for me. This means that it should be pretty easy to subscribe to the podcast. As I understand it, you need to cut and paste this url into your podcast catcher - http://tensongspodcast.blip.tv/rss - or if you use itunes, hopefully you'll be able to do the same thing if you CLICK HERE.
Uploading to blip.tv also means that you can use the player below to stream the podcast and listen to it without downloading it. Plus if you RIGHT CLICK HERE and select "save target as" you should have the option of downloading the podcast and listening to it on the sly at work or something. Get in. (If you left click, it streams the audio too, but it jumps to another page and takes forever.)