After a couple of shows with a lot of Aussie bands, here’s one full of Canadian Content. I spent a year in Canada back in 2007/08 and saw some great shows. So when I spotted the City Limits: Down & Out in Toronto and Montreal comp on the No Idea website, I was pretty excited. There’s a set from that record as well as a set of tracks chosen by my friend Suie from Toronto. Suie helped look out for us when we first visited Toronto and totally made leaving the UK a lot easier. She’s also a rad vegan cook with two awesome books published by PM press full of recepies for amzing vegan desserts, Lickin` The Beaters: Low Fat Vegan Desserts and Lickin` The Beaters 2: Vegan Chocolate and Candy. Click here to buy your copy if you like to eat great food (and who the fuck doesn’t?).
- Phil Chokeword
Track Listing1. The Strike – Open to Interpretation (From the album “A Conscience Left To Struggle With Pockets Full Of Rust”, downloaded from the Music Ruined My Life blog)
City Limits – Down & Out In Toronto & Montreal:2. Burning Love – Mess (From the “City Limits – Down and Out In Toronto and Montreal ” LP on No Idea/High Anxiety)
3. School Jerks – N/A (From the “City Limits – Down and Out In Toronto and Montreal ” LP on No Idea/High Anxiety)
4. Foreign Bodies– Downtown (From the “City Limits – Down and Out In Toronto and Montreal ” LP on No Idea/High Anxiety)
5. Brutal Knights – Bad Choice (From the From the “City Limits – Down and Out In Toronto and Montreal ” LP on No Idea/High Anxiety)
6. Manifesto Jukebox – Trail (From the S/T CDEP on Boss Tunage Records)
7. Sydney Ducks – Esprit de Corp (From the “Oi! This Is Street Punk” 11” on Pirates Press)
8. Armalite – Boots and Sneakers (From the “Boots & Sneakers” 7” on No Idea Records)
9. Mark Sultan – Axis Abraxis (from the “Whenever, Wherever” CD on In The Red Records)Suie’s Guest Set10. Saigon Distress Signal – Love (from the “Darkness” album on Wounded Paw Records)
11. Harum Scarum – Systematic Death (From “The Last Night” album on Partners In Crime – Harum Scarum myspace)
12. The Blood of Christian Children – Chiaki Kuriyama (from the self released 8 track EP – Blood of Christian Children myspace)
13. The Chitz – Positive (From the “Break The Cycle” album on Sub Profit – Chitz website)
14. The Newtown Neurotics – Get Up and Fight (from the compilation CD “The Punk years” on Captain Oi! – song written by Steve Drewett - order from the Newtown Neurotics website)
Notes:1. These podcasts were put together on a notepad PC using Audacity, some MP3’s and a shitty headset internet microphone. Professional I am not. Plus this MP3 is a lower bit rate than most in order to keep it at a manageable size. So if there’s a song on here that you dig and want to buy the record it came off, don't be put off if it sounds kinda rough or scuzzy. I can guarantee it'll sound better in the original format.
2. Where possible I got permission from either the bands or labels before putting this show together. It’s polite innit. Thanks to everyone who was kind enough to let us play a track from a record they released or by a band they played in. It’s well appreciated.
3. It goes without saying that if you like this podcast, let your friends know about it! Please? Thank you. And get in touch too if you dig it/hate it/have any tips. tensongspodcast [at] googlemail [dot] com or leave a comment.
How To Listen To The Show: CLICK HERE to subscribe using i-Tunes
RIGHT CLICK HERE and select "save target as" to download the show as an MP3.