Welcome to the first Ten Songs Podcast. I hope you dig it. The rough idea is to play a bunch of punk, hardcore, garage and folk songs in a radio-style format in the hope that I can maybe expose listeners to great tunes that they haven't heard before. Please let me know what you think! - Phil Chokeword
1. This Is My Fist! - Voice From Occupationland (from "I Don't Want To Startle You But They're Going To Kill Most Of Us" 7" on Left Off The Dial Records)
2. The Shitty Limits - Here Are The Limits (from "Here Are The Limits" 7" on Static Shock Records)
3. Career Suicide - Rearranged (from "Anthology Vol Two" CD on Deranged records)
4. The Regulations - No Rights (from "Electric Guitar" CD on Havoc Records)
5. Thee Vicars - Leavin' Here (from "...Let Us Play" 7" on Dire Records)
6. Paul Baribeau - Christmas Lights (from "Grand Ledge" CD on Plan-It-X Records)
7. Russ Substance - Sleep Forever (from the split CD with James Black entitled "As The Crow Flies" on Plan-It-X Records)
8. Robert Blake - Didn't We ( a Jim Page cover from the split CD with Erik Petersen on Art Of The Underground Records)
9. Bent Outta Shape - Villain (from the split 7" with Drunken Boat on Salinas Records)
10. Shang-A-Lang - Summertime (from the "Summertime" 7" released by Dirt Cult Records and Lets Pretend Records)
Somethings I should probably say:
1. I am pretty useless with computers. Sorry. This was put together on my family's PC using Audacity and a USB record player, some over played CDs and 7"s and a super cheap microphone (I got it for £4). Plus this MP3 is a lower bit rate than most in order to keep it at a manageable size. So if theres a song on here that you dig and want to buy the record it came off, don't be put off if it sounds kinda rough or scuzzy. I think I did an ok job for a first crack but I can guarantee it'll sound better in the original format. I hope that makes sense!
2. I either asked the bands (The Shitty Limits/Thee Vicars/Robert Blake/Regulations) or the record label who put out the record I was playing (Deranged/Left Off The Dial/Plan It X/Salinas/Dirt Cult) if it was ok to podcast their songs and they were cool with it. I think one of the great things about the Internet is that its really easy to get in contact with people whose music you dig and I'd like to take time to thank them for allowing me to play their songs. Cheers!
3. It goes without saying that if you like this podcast, let your friends know about it!
How To Listen To The Show:
I've uploaded the podcast to Libsyn as part of updating the blog.
CLICK HERE to subscribe using i-Tunes
RIGHT CLICK HERE and select "save target as" to download the show as an MP3.