Ok, here’s February's podcast. Its a bit early, but there you go. I think I'm going to aim for compiling about one a month until it becomes a chore. You should subscribe! This time out, I had a real nightmare with the microphone which goes to show that you get what you pay for and I should spend less on beer and 7"s and more on getting some kind of decent set up. I had to record each bit about 50 times to get it usable. Oh well. Enjoy, and let me know what you think! - Phil Chokeword
1. The Bananas - There’s Blood On My Banana (From "Nautical Rock'n'Roll" CD on Plan-It-X Records)2. The Gramercy Riffs - You Couldn't Fucking Write It (From their Demo - see www.myspace.com/gramercyriffspunk)
3. The First Step - Peace (From "What We Know" CD on Rivalry Records)
4. Cloak/Dagger - Hollywood Hills (From "We Are..." CD on Jade Tree Records)
5. Whole In The Head - The Boy Who Told Lies (From the split 7" with War All The Time on Crimescene Records)
6. Gordon Gano's Army - Get Up & Get Out (From "50 Hours" 7" on AARBR Records)
7. Lemuria - Rough Draft (From "The First Collection" on Yo Yo Records)
8. Foundation - No Smoke (From "Homecoming" 7" on 1-2-3-4 Go! Records)
9. Abe Froman - Mosquito Season (From the self titled CD on Plan-It-X Records)
10. The Marked Men - Still Waiting (From "On The Outside" CD on Dirtnap Records)
Some Points I Should Probably Make:
1. I still don’t know what I’m doing. Sorry. This was put together on my family's PC using Audacity and a USB record player, some over played CDs and 7"s and a super cheap microphone (I got it for £4). Plus this MP3 is a lower bit rate than most in order to keep it at a manageable size. So if there’s a song on here that you dig and want to buy the record it came off, don't be put off if it sounds kinda rough or scuzzy. I can guarantee it'll sound better in the original format. I hope that makes sense!
2. I either asked the bands (Gramercy Riffs, The First Step, Cloak/Dagger, Whole In The Head, Gordon Gano's Army, Lemuria, The Marked Men) or the record label who put out the record I was playing (Plan-It-X, 1-2-3-4-Go! Records) if it was ok to podcast their songs and they were cool with it. I think one of the great things about the Internet is that its really easy to get in contact with people whose music you dig and I'd like to take time to thank them for allowing me to play their songs. Cheers!
3. I couldn't find an active link for Crimescene Records, except their myspace page - which says they're closed. Sorry.
4. It goes without saying that if you like this podcast, let your friends know about it! Please? Thank you.
How To Listen To The Show:
I've uploaded the podcast to Libsyn as part of updating the blog.
CLICK HERE to subscribe using i-Tunes
RIGHT CLICK HERE and select "save target as" to download the show as an MP3.