1. I’ve had no internet connection from Sunday until tonight. Ok this show was going to be late anyhow but now it’s later still. Sorry.
2. There’s a live set from Whole In The Head. WITH play crusty thrashy hardcore. It’s pretty raging. Bit like Dropdead. Maybe. Cheers to them and Rich Smith for making it happen, I’m stoked on how this set came out.
3. There’s also a set of lo-fi pop punk bands that all feature Chris Plan-It-X/Ghost Mice/etc. This is because I’ve become hooked on the Imperial Can record he plays on and it’s made me dig out a bunch of other bands he was in because they are great too. Win.
4. I need a nap.
Thanks for listening - Phil Chokeword
1. Mega Games – This Shit’s Chess, It Aint Checkers (From the self released CD-R “Let In These Hands To Hold” – Mega Games myspace)
2. Ty Segall –Standing At The Station (From the “Lemons” CD on Goner Records)
3. Cute Lepers – Smart Accessories (From the “Smart Accessories” CD on 1-2-3-4-Go! Records)
4. Marked Men – Too Pretty To Fuck (From the split 7” with This Is My Fist! on No Idea Records)
5. Eddy Current Suppression Ring – Anxiety (From the “Rush To Relax” CD on Goner Records)
6. Jammy Dodgers –Laundry Day (From the “Fish & Chips” 7” on No Idea Records)
7. Imperial Can – New Wave (From the “Hey Fuckers!” CD on Plan-It-X Records)
8. Operation Cliff Clavin – Another Nothing (From the “Out Of Control” CD on Plan-It-X Records)
9. Devil Is Electric – The New World (From the “I’ve Never Trusted A Revolutionary That Was Afraid To Dance” CD on Plan-It-X Records)
Whole In The Head, Live @ Planet Sounds
10. Whole In The Head – Small Men
11. Whole In The Head – Capitalism For Beginners
12. Whole In The Head – The Rise & Fall Of Nationalist Politics
13. Whole In The Head – The Boy Who Told Lies
14. Whole In The Head - Born Without Eyes
Whole In The Head are Nath, Alan, Mark and Jamie. You can find out more about them on their myspace page. Jamie wasn’t able to make this recording session so all his vocals are split between the rest of the band. It still sounds ace. This set was recorded by Rich Smith. Rich has a mobile studio (he doesn’t work for Planet Sounds), doesn’t charge much, does a great job and is an all-round good guy. You should totally drop him an email at email@example.com if you’re on the south coast and want to record.
15. Mind Spiders – Dirty Secrets (From the 7” on Dirtnap Records)
1. This was put together on my family's PC using Audacity and a USB record player, some over played CDs and 7"s and a cheap Internet microphone. Plus this MP3 is a lower bit rate than most in order to keep it at a manageable size. So if there’s a song on here that you dig and want to buy the record it came off, don't be put off if it sounds kinda rough or scuzzy. I can guarantee it'll sound better in the original format.
2. I asked the bands (Mega Games, WITH), Southern Lovin’ (Cute Lepers) or the labels (Goner, Dirtnap, No Idea, Plan It X) if it was OK to podcast their songs and they were cool with it. I think one of the great things about the Internet is that it’s really easy to get in contact with people whose music you dig and I'd like to take time to thank them for allowing me to play their songs. Cheers!
3. It goes without saying that if you like this podcast, let your friends know about it! Please? Thank you. And get in touch too if you dig it/hate it/have any tips. tensongspodcast [at] googlemail [dot] com or leave a comment. And if you think you might want to have a go at making your own podcast, here’s a step by step guide to How I Made This Show.
How To Listen To The Show:
I've uploaded the podcast to bliptv. I'm a little confused by RSS feeds and all that bumph, but I think that they sort all this for me. This means that it should be pretty easy to subscribe to the podcast. As I understand it, you need to cut and paste this url into your podcast catcher - http://tensongspodcast.blip.tv/rss - or if you use itunes, hopefully you'll be able to do the same thing if you CLICK HERE.
Uploading to blip.tv also means that you can use the player below to stream the podcast and listen to it without downloading it. Plus if you RIGHT CLICK HERE and select "save target as" you should have the option of downloading the podcast and listening to it on the sly at work or something. Get in. (If you left click, it streams the audio too, but it jumps to another page and takes forever.)