1. A rad set of songs chosen by Alex who does an awesome zine called Jerk Store. If you have any interest at all in pop punk or related stuff you should order a copy.
2. That long overdue listener request set.
3. A bunch of other sweet tunes.
Thanks to Alex and everyone else who contributed to this show. I’m stoked on how it came out. So much so I’ve listened it three times today already.
- Phil Chokeword
1. Billy Bragg & The Red Stars – Accident Waiting To Happen (From the “No Pop, No Style, Strictly Roots” bootleg – billybragg.co.uk)
Jerk Store Zine guest set:
2. The Transgressions – Wasteoid (From the “Waste My Time” CD on Traffic Street Records)
3. Rumspringer – Sometimes Dead Is Better (From the “Empty Towers” CD on Traffic Street Records)
4. Be My Doppelganger– Backpack Beers (From the ”No Composure” CD on It’s Alive Records)
5. Iron Chic – Time Keeps On Slipping Into The (Cosmic) Future (From the “Not Like This” LP on Yo-Yo Records)
6. The Shaking Hands – Liars Are For Punching (From the “S/T” CD on ADD/Kiss Of Death Records)
7. Bratt Farrar – It’s On Me (From the “It’s On Me” 7” on P.Trash Records)
8. The Arrivals – Frontline (From the “Volatile Molotov” CD on Recess Records)
9. Scale Models – 180 Degrees (From the live set recorded for 3CR’s “Burning Vinyl” radio show – Scale Models Bandcamp)
Listener request set:
10. Iron Chic – Cutesy Monster Man (From the “Not Like This” LP on Yo-Yo Records) Chosen by Elliot Richards
11. The Coachwhips – Your Gunna Get It (From the “Bangers V Fuckers” CD on Narnack Records) Chosen by Chris Murphy
12. OK Pilot – Daggers (From the ”Daggers” LP on Yo-Yo Records) Chosen by Steve Lamond
13. Sweet Baby – Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby I Love You (From the “It’s A Girl” LP on Lookout Records) Chosen by Jim Milliepeed
14. Shorebirds – Upside Down (From the “It’s Gonna Get Ugly” CD on Rumbletowne Records)
1. This was put together on my PC using Audacity and a USB record player, some over played CDs and 7"s and a cheap Internet microphone. Plus this MP3 is a lower bit rate than most in order to keep it at a manageable size. So if there’s a song on here that you dig and want to buy the record it came off, don't be put off if it sounds kinda rough or scuzzy. I can guarantee it'll sound better in the original format.
2. I asked the labels (It’s Alive, Recess, Rumbletowne), the bands (Transgressions, Rumspringer, Bratt Farrar, Scale Models) or Southern Lovin’ (Shaking Hands) if it was OK to podcast their songs and they were cool with it. I think one of the great things about the internet is that it’s really easy to get in contact with people whose music you dig and I'd like to take time to thank them for allowing me to play their songs. Cheers! I never heard back from Iron Chic, Narnack Records, Yo-Yo Records, OK Pilot and Billy Bragg. Google says that Sweet Baby don’t have a myspace and the Coachwhips have an inactive one (well, two actually). And I’m never quite sure what the deal is with Lookout! Records (are they still an active label?). I figured I’d play these tracks anyhow, in the interest of exposing people to cool tuneage. If anyone connected to the tracks where I couldn’t get permission has an issue with this, please email me and we’ll sort it out.
3. It goes without saying that if you like this podcast, let your friends know about it! Please? Thank you. And get in touch too if you dig it/hate it/have any tips. tensongspodcast [at] googlemail [dot] com or leave a comment. And if you think you might want to have a go at making your own podcast, here’s a step by step guide to How I Made This Show.
How To Listen To The Show:
I've uploaded the podcast to bliptv. I'm a little confused by RSS feeds and all that bumph, but I think that they sort all this for me. This means that it should be pretty easy to subscribe to the podcast. As I understand it, you need to cut and paste this url into your podcast catcher - http://tensongspodcast.blip.tv/rss - or if you use itunes, hopefully you'll be able to do the same thing if you CLICK HERE.
Uploading to blip.tv also means that you can use the player below to stream the podcast and listen to it without downloading it. Plus if you RIGHT CLICK HERE and select "save target as" you should have the option of downloading the podcast and listening to it on the sly at work or something. Get in. (If you left click, it streams the audio too, but it jumps to another page and takes forever.)